Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Instructions to Prepare for Oral Surgery in Santa Barbara CA
- Please pick up any prescriptions 2 days prior to surgery. These may be purchased at our office. Start antibiotics (if prescribed) one day prior to surgery.
- Please have Naproxen (Aleve) or Ibuprofen (Advil) available at home for after surgery only.
- Please have Gatorade, Coconut Water or electrolyte drinks available at home.
- Please have soft foods (pudding, apple sauce, smoothies, yogurt, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, soup, etc.) at home.
- Please have ice available.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt to your surgical appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out paperwork.
- Please have a driver accompany you to the office be available to receive instructions, drive you home and take care of you for the entire day.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office: Santa Barbara Office Phone Number 805-682-0933 (Santa Barbara) or Lompoc Office Phone Number 805-735-3665 (Lompoc).
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kiken and Dr. McAninch prior to your surgical date for instructions: Santa Barbara Office Phone Number 805-682-0933 (Santa Barbara) or Lompoc Office Phone Number 805-735-3665 (Lompoc).
- Please do not eat or drink anything (not even water) for 6-8 hours prior to surgery (if you are going to be asleep for your procedure).
- Please do not wear perfume or cologne to your surgical appointment.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes or long sleeve shirts to your surgical appointment.
- Please do not wear nail polish, gel or acrylic nails to your surgical appointment.
- Please do not bring any valuables with you. Leave all valuables (watches, earbuds, iPods, phones, jewelry, etc.) at home or with your driver.