Any kind of surgery can create some degree of nervousness, but at Ocean Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, you are in good hands. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeonss and team will work with you both before and after your surgery to make sure everything goes smoothly.
One of the most important parts of your surgery is your recovery. While Dr. McAnich and Dr. Kiken will provide specific instructions at the time of your procedure, here are a few things to remember as you begin your road to recovery:
– Sit back and relax. Also, keep your head propped up while lying down for the first 24 hours.
– Take any prescribed medications as directed.
– Ice the treatment area for 20 to 30 minute at a time for the first 48 hours. On the third day, switch to a warm compress.
– Eat soft foods or liquids.
– Keep your mouth clean by gently rinsing with warm salt water.
– Touch the treatment site or stitches
– Eat or drink anything until any numbness wears off. This will prevent you from biting your tongue or cheek.
– Smoke, drink or chew tobacco for as long as possible.
– Drink from a straw or spit. These can cause your blood clot to become dislodged.
– Eat hard, crunchy or sticky foods for at least the first few days.
When you visit our practice for your oral surgery in Lompoc, California, our team will provide any additional recovery instructions that are specific to your situation. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 805-735-3665. We’re here to help every aspect of your treatment go smoothly.